Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I've had the best of intentions...

Makes me thing of that country song- "Never could give you a castle, even though you're the queen of my heaaart (country drawl), but I've had the best of intentions, from the start." Lol.

     I only mean that I aimed to update this blog twice a week, and alas, it has been 9 days since I last posted.
They've been a rather eventful 9 days. I can't even begin to recall it all. But the weekend was mostly filled with trying to relax, and spending time with my momma. She left yesterday morning for Texas to work. For like 3-6 months. I've only cried a few times :(
     I've been thinking; I am soooo emotional since getting married. Thankfully mostly only John sees this. Just a sad or tender thought can get me going. I can ONLY imagine what it will be like when I'm preggo. Hopefully by then (since it's so far in the future) I will have chilled a bit.

     John and I's latest adventure is to try a new eating program/lifestyle called FoodLovers. It's a moderate plan about eating the right combinations of food in the right portion sizes, and snacks between meals to keep your metabolism going. However, it starts with a 21-day induction where you avoid all refined sugar/sugar products and processed flours. Today is Day 1- goal is to eat a snack between each meal and not go more than 3 hours without eating and keep a food journal. So far so good. Tomorrow is day 1 plus making one meals a "Foodlovers" plate. 1 protein, 1 fast carb 1 slow carb. By the end of the week we'll have incorporated all the major eating rules- snacks are only 200 calories or less, Foodlovers plate at each meal, out with refined sugars/flours, limit added fats (condiments) per meal to 1 Tbsp, drink plenty of water. Later in the program adds in exercising, sleeping enough etc. Then after 21 days you can continue on in this, or go to incorporating back in "junkier" foods in moderation. Like a few times a week, but still follow the calorie limits for snacks, always making each meal the right combo and the right portion, eating every 3 hours and exercising.
     The program also comes with an optional 6 day detox. We made it through 1 day. I wanted to give up but wasn't going to. Then night one John vomited a large amount and got a nosebleed. Poor him, yay for me :) So we decided to opt out of that option for now :) That also led to a sick day for John Tuesday, and I insisted on staying home with him. It was nice to spend time together. Makes me long for the day, if it ever happens, that I can stay home. Running the kids to dance and soccer, laundry, ironing, cooking. Most of all, I think it would be great if John had a work-from-home job too. Lol. I think we just need to find a way to be independently wealthy :)

My hubby reads my blog, and confessed to me that he wishes he could blog. I told him to go for it. The only obstacle I see is his severe spelling impediment. But blogger has a spellcheck :)

John moment for this blog: (This is Monday night when John had just vomited and then went and laid in bed.) "I highly recommend marrying a nurse, it's really nice." Me: "Babe, what I've done for you tonight almost any woman is good at, it's just about caring." John: "I know, but it's better when it's a professional." :)
He's so sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!