Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday Thoughts 06-09-11

I wanted to share some quotes off my little tear-off desk calendar. My sister-in-law got it for me for Christmas and I have found some of the quotes very insightful.

To be completely a woman you need a master, and in him a compass for your life. You need a man you can look up to and respect. If you dethrone him it's no wonder that you are discontented, and discontented women are not loved for long. -Marlene Dietrich
I don't know if I agree that you have to have an earthly master. I think you can be single and Jesus can be you only master. But I think this is a good reminder for me all married ladies.

Kissing is a means of getting two people so close together that they can't see anything wrong with each other. -Rene Yasnek

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man. -Lana Turner   LOL!!

Today was a good but busy day. I also found out that my husband has a surprise for me this weekend. Something on Saturday that I'm not to make any other plans during the day. He is going to tell me tomorrow night what it is. I love surprises.

In a conversation with a friend yesterday i realized that if I want a baby by 30, we realistically should start trying in 18 months when I'm 28 and a half. This seems crazy to me! I am getting old and time is going by quickly! Especially when I think that if I have a baby at 30 I will be 40 when they are ten! Wow. Kinda makes me wish I would have started sooner. But I would prefer to be more prepared than be a mom 5 years younger. But to think I could be pregnant in 18 months, wow! I always wanted to be a mom but the more I realize the responsibility of it, I'm rather skittish. I guess you just get preggo and take it one day at a time from then!

I would type more but I have to run. Off to yoga! Happy almost Friday!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!