Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Update 11-19-11

Hi all!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I had a fairly busy but productive one. And just as I sit down to write this post, I realize I don't have much of anything in the way of photos. I don't have my phone and I can't get my Picasa account to do uploads right now. Boo!

I do have this one though!
Aren't these so cute! I've not been posting each week's yard sale finds. But I got the boots for $3! Then I got the flats for $7 at a thrift store. A little pricey for thrift if you ask me (they're just cheap-o Charlotte Russe) but I liked them so much I gave in. Too bad the right one is rubbing my heel :( Gonna have to buy some pads.

Anyway, Friday when I got home it was a whirlwind of activity. The carpet cleaners had arrived and we were unprepared! They were extremely pleasant about it though. They did not mind 4 dogs losing the minds at the sight of visitors and big machines. I also had a friend arrive in the midst of it all. She was just picking up something then ended up staying for awhile. We were scouting out bridesmaids dresses online for her upcoming nuptials! John went to an auction and I stayed behind. I ended up cleaning and intermittently paying attention to Say Yes to the Dress :)
When John got home around nine we ate dinner .

Saturday we only were out YSLing for about 2 hours when it started to rain. So we headed home. I was exceptionally cranky about rising early that day, so I took a nap for my own good and everyone else's. The rest of the day was a blur of activity. I painted the inside of our new backdoor, cleaned more, did laundry, went grocery shopping, put up the indoor Christmas decor (still have tree and outside light to go) and got busy in the kitchen doing prep for Sunday lunch. I did not go to bed til about 1:30 am.

Sunday I had a wonderful time at church. Then my friend and her fiance who is in town visiting came over for lunch. I laid out all my hard work and goodies and we enjoyed a feast!
Then we went out and I did my best to get some engagement photos for them. I had a great time practicing. I wish I could share but first I have to share with the couple! Soon though.
We ended the night by having dinner at a friend's house. After I ate I passed out on their couch. That's the result of staying up til 1:30 am the night before!
I did "make up" a really tasty desert we brought to dinner:
Use skinny taste's recipe for Pumpkin Pie Dip (1/2 batch!), make a spice cake according to mix directions, and 1 tub Cool Whip (I used "Free"). Crumble cake and layer all ingredients. I was a trifle of sorts and a very good way for me to use up all that leftover tip! I sprinkled some Splenda brown sugar mix on the top too. Very tasty!

Hope you are all looking forward to Thanksgiving! I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!