Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back at it

So my first days back at work were just fine. Surprisingly, I did not cry at all. I had been praying that God would give me strength and peace, and He did. Thanks be to Him.

It did help to mentally psych myself out that I would be home by 3pm, and that it was only 2 days. I kept telling myself it would pass quickly.

The first day back, John and Sophia came to the hospital for lunch. It was nice that all my co-workers got to see her, but I honestly think it was harder for me than if she didn't come at all. It was only when lunch was wrapping up and I had to leave them that I almost lost it.

But other than that, I was busy at work. Both days I was training for a new position that I'll be covering for 6 days the last two weeks in March. So I really had to focus. But- it's also less stressful because for those two days, I was not personally solely responsible for making sure the work got done correctly.

Sophia and John also fared well. As I predicted, John didn't get too much work done, because Sophia still is not consistently taking long naps. It's hard to get anything done when she only sleeps 30-45 minutes at a time. We are working on it though, because when her naps are short like that, she is a much less contented baby when she is awake.

So, being back at work is going alright. I am sure it is easier since I know she's with her daddy and well cared for, and will be waiting for me when I get home.

For all of March and I would venture to guess most of April, I will be working 3 days a week. But, as soon as all our vacancies are filled my boss has said she'll be able to put me back down to 2 days a week. And I will be glad of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!