Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Twas the night before

I returned to work, and all through the house, everything seemed normal, but I felt like a louse

...because in the morning I have to get up and leave my beautiful sweet precious baby. For like, 9 hours. In a row. *Insert tears*.

I know I am fortunate, I don't even have to work full time, and my baby will be at home with her daddy.
I can't imagine ladies who have to go back to work at 6 weeks and put their tiny infants in full-time daycare.
So sad.

I really have no idea how tomorrow will go. I'm sure I'll cry.
Thankfully I'll be learning a new position, and I have to be there at 6:30am, but should be home by 3. For the next two weeks.

But then in March I go back up to 3 days a week instead of 2. Gulp.

I keep reminding myself that Sophie will be fine, it's only me who will suffer (and maybe dad!).

I hope the hours fly by instead of drag.

I am not wearing mascara to work.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh I feel for you, but you are lucky dad can help and you don't have to do day care!! I remember paying my sis in law and a neighbor and thinking there wasn't enough money in the world to give to the people who would be caring for my precious babies, and how it wasn't fair that I was going to make more money than them. Seems so backwards...teachers, nurses, caregivers should make more $$$$ (imo). Think of it as quality time with daddy! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!