Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weekend Update 04-14-12

Hi everyone. I'm going to do some weekend updating and just updating in general.

This past Friday was my last day at my old job. Thursday the ladies threw me a goodbye luncheon with lots of tasty food and gave me a beautiful orchid plant (that I hope not to kill). It's always a bit anxiety inducing, big changes, but, I am ready.
There were lots of loose ends to try and tie up before I left. Unfortunately I just could not get all the information I needed to complete all my cases (sorry co-workers!)
My cubicle all emptied out. But I left it freshly cleaned and organized.
I also have no idea what do with the 2 boxes of stuff from my cubicle. At my new job I'll be floating so I won't have a space dedicated for me, but rather I'll work out of others' empty desks. For now it's staying in a box in my car.

The weekend was spent mostly laying around combined with a few errands. I don't do much these days but sleep and try to fend off nausea. I've been fortunate that I have not vomited much, but I do feel queasy a lot. I'm tired almost constantly and just don't feel like myself. I really don't like it. It's hard to be excited about being pregnant when you don't feel anything different but bad feelings.

I did feel well enough to go yard saling Saturday and we got a swing, bassinet, ear thermometer and rearview mirror thing (so you can look in your rearview mirror into a mirror angled on the baby and see the face). Saturday night we also had a really nice time catching up with the friends we went on a cruise with. One of the couples is expecting a baby next month and so they had a BBQ to celebrate. They didn't want a traditional shower.

I go to the doctor Wednesday and I'm going to ask about getting some anti-nausea meds. I've lost 5 pounds and I just don't deal well at all with nausea. Especially when I'm trying to learn a new job. I've already tried ginger pills, Saltines, Prilosec, Tums and eating frequently. But it seems in the afternoon and evenings I get at least some nausea no matter what. I also think I'm not vomiting too much because of my lap band. I think once food has gotten past the band into my stomach it's extremely hard for it to come back up. So I just dry heave or sit around feeling green without relief.

Today (Tuesday) was my first real day of training for my new job. Yesterday was just some Code of Conduct and Policy and Procedure training. Today I was with another case manager learning about pre-authorizations and level of care coding requirements. A bit tedious but I'll be with her for 2 weeks so I should be able to get the hang of it.
It is kinda fun to have a badge that clearly lets people know I am an RN. Even though the printer turned my hair yellow.

So I guess I'll have more to share after the doctor tomorrow. I am hoping we get to see the actual baby and hear the heartbeat. And get a script for Zofran. Lol.

1 comment:

  1. Zofran has been my bf through all three pregnancies. :0) It will help with the nausea, but I must warn you, be sure to eat FIBER or you will be hating life. I learned the hard way that there are worse things than nausea. It's name is constipation. Horrible, painful, constipation. I don't mean to be disgusting, but I want you to have an easier time with it than I did. The zofran will help you feel better and feel like eating so you get all the nutrients you need. And you'll actually feel like drinking water, too, which, as you know, is so vitally important. Hope you feel better soon. The first trimester goes by fast and then it's smooth sailing. I promise, the second trimester gets MUCH better and you will enjoy being pregnant and rocking the maternity clothes. :0) Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!