Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh the fun of being an adult

A bit of a rant-

So we found out the problem with hubby's shoulder is a torn labrum. What the heck is that, you say? That's what I said too. It's apparently this additional layer of cartilage surrounding the socket joint of your shoulder and helps give your shoulder stability. The ortho told John they way his was torn he only sees once or twice a year and that he was an "overachiever at destroying his shoulder." Great. the good news is, it can be fixed with outpatient surgery. The bad news is- John doesn't have insurance at the moment. He was supposed to get insurance through his work, but that's another story. Anyway, we will most likely add him beginning the first of the year, and then he'll have the surgery.

In other not-so-pleasant news, it's that time of the year again at work, Open Enrollment. The time of year you must navigate the multiple plans there are for several different types of insurance to decide which one is hopefully best for you and hope you don't get burned once you use it. John and I are going to get all insuranced up :) We are even working on some right now. I am determined to be as prepared as possible. Dave Ramsey advises it, and I will do it :) But, this means a lot of not-so-fun research and a lot of weighing pros and cons. Up side- we get a benefits fair so we can get lots of pens and toothbrushes and band-aid holders :) And, I do have the option of pretty affordable insurance, a luxury I know not a lot of people enjoy.

In even less interesting research- I printed out my sample ballot for the upcoming general election. Yikes! There are like 22 offices to vote on with a total of 49 candidates listed on the ballot. And 6 amendments and 1 referendum. Really just crazy if you ask me. It just makes me tired to even think about thoroughly research all those candidates. I know it won't happen. I'm definitely skipping all the no-name-face random people that make it onto the ballot for Senator and Governor. Oh, the gubernatorial race. I loathe you. I loathe picking 1 of 2 seeming evils. And 16 judges to axe or keep. How the heck am I supposed to know? I just don't have the time to look up the verdict history of them all! The referendums seem fairly straightforward, but then again they always SEEM that way. Harumph. This has brought on a general dislike of politics. But, I will vote, as I think it's my duty and privilege. But if you're really picking the right person or not just sometimes feels like a shot in the dark.

So Negative Nancy is signing off! :)

On a brighter note- we got laptops with aircards at work. Now we can put in our evals real-time rather than filling out paper then doing data-entry later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!