Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vets Day Craft

So today my mom and I bit the bullet that I have been avoiding for nearly a year. It wasn't at all as bad as I thought it would be.
I was really fortunate that my mom gave me just about all of the furniture for our living and dining rooms. Including an oak dining table that seats up to six. We've had this table a little more than 15 years in our family. It has served us well, but the finish has seen better days. It's also starting to look a bit dated and more country than my current scheme, which is a more modern black and white with touches of yellow.
I love the results of painting, but hate doing it. Today mom and I took the table on. Tomorrow we finish it off.
But there's already enough change to appreciate the finished product:

Before
 After. Will post more when completely done

And I made a yummy dinner after all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!