Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 2

Of our change of eating lifestyle. Going pretty well. Today we just have to incorporate day 1 plus the "foodlovers" plate. We're either having grilled chicken and garlic green beans and corn or a southwest salad.
The only blunder I had was that I went 4 hrs 20 min without eating due to being in a work meeting. But I just ate my snack. (Not supposed to go more than 3 hours)

Vent: Sometimes working for the government can be frustrating. Policies change weekly, nearly daily, and the only updates given are word of mouth. Hardly ever on paper due to fear of litigation. Having to rearrange things and word them in such a way as to satisfy computer systems and the legal department. Not being able to change things that should be changed. Ugh.

On a happier note- we walked the doggie last night. Then we decided to finally see how far this route is we take with her. Sadly, it is only 1.6 miles. And the route we do on our bikes is only 3.5 :(
And when we did probably 4 or 5 miles on the bikes Saturday, I thought I would die. As it turns out, my tires were under-inflated by about 30lbs each. John fixed that for me so I am anxious to see how much more endurance I can get. I was starting to get a little bit of a complex on how I am winded so much faster than John and have to pedal almost constantly while he coasts frequently. Anxious to see how much of that was from the tires. Hopefully a lot :) Just thinking about how the days of jogging a 5K are so far behind me :( Not that it was ever easy. In fact it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But still, I did it. I don't think I could today.

Well, it's off to home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!