Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Shamed

that's what I should be. It was a trap of my own making really. I didn't pack enough for lunch and after I ate I was still pretty hungry. I didn't have an extra snack with me (mistake #2) so I ate 2 Tbsp of peanut butter. The bad kind. The kind with sugar and trans fats. I hope it doesn't wreck my metabolism. On a positive note it's 3pm and I've already had 75 oz oh H2O. Still feeling like a human sieve. John asked me the other day what a sieve was.
This is it and what it does: : a device with meshes or perforations through which finer particles of a mixture (as of ashes, flour, or sand) of various sizes may be passed to separate them from coarser ones, through which the liquid may be drained from liquid-containing material, or through which soft materials may be forced for reduction to fine particles





Last night we had chili, tried a new recipe for it. Chef John cooked. It was very yummy. It was also a lot like the taco soup we're so fond of, only healthier. Once again, recipes are coming. Today would have been a perfect time to post them, but alas I forgot the cards at home. I also need to upload birthday photos.

Can I just say these people:




Are pretty much crazy! John and I have been watching a season (not sure which one) on Netflix. I seem to remember in season one they were lovable people out to save Willy. Now they are like these crazy radicals who break laws and then try and turn it into a political circus and positive press. Currently in our watching they are about to try this again. The captain is very reckless. I do admit that the Japanese killing whales through a "loophole" in the law is a shame, but alas the loophole does exist. I guess there is something to be said for their dedication. All crew are asked to verify that they are "willing to risk their life for the life of a whale". Believe me, they better be. Even if their death is senseless. Whatever crazy crap the higher-ups come up with, they are expected to do it without question. Alas they have a somewhat high turnover rate. Anyway, I know some people really love the Sea Shepherds. I like to watch them, but I'm not sure I totally agree with all their tactics. What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!