Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The House Reveal!!!!

As of today the house is as done as it's going to be, with the exception of the dog door, for now. Today the fence was officially finished! It looks very nice! Also our last blind was installed!

Now don't judge the decor too thoroughly. We are mashing two kinda opposite styles since we have my mom's and our furniture. And I did not want to put too many holes in the wall or buy extra decor since we don't know how long we will be here for certain and it's not really our house. It only seems right to leave the owner some room for decorating :)

Last night the house had it's official first non-family gathering. I hosted our ladies small group. I snapped a few pics before:
The front, before I added some hanging flower baskets
The front door with the new light fixture
Entry hall, complete with pets, lol
Mom's super comfy sofa from mom. I decided to put clashing pillows together and call it "eclectic"
View from the living room into the dining room
The kitchen with our mismatched cups on the counter :)
 
A little cleaner view :) With the nice new light fixture


Front bedroom
Backyard swing and the lovely shadowbox fence. The tarp was from the fence man.
Another view of the living room. Love mom's floral print on the right.
Master bedroom. We are getting a king size bed from my grandma next week!





Huge closet!
Guest bath


Before the blinds were in
The flower baskets I added and the lily in bloom

So there you have it! Tonight was really nice. I'm finally starting to relax now that everything is taken care of. It was really nice tonight to sit on the swing in the back yard in my "bum" clothes while John grilled and the dogs sniffed around the yard. They can now stay out as long as they like. And soon they'll also be able to go in and out as they please! I am feeling like I'm in a blessed time in life. As an evangelist I heard say "a place of open space". We can now have more than 3 people over without it feeling crowded.

And of course we are debt free! A little more on that will come in another post.

Hope this post quenches everyone's picture thirst! :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your mom appreciates all the hard work you have put in! Great job.

    Bethany Knight

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!