Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Being "Berry" thankful

Ok, so today I am feeling a lot like this character
before she learned her lesson.
Surely you all know the lesson of Madame Blueberry? If you don't know Veggie Tales, you should.
Anyway, suffice it to say she has a woe-is-me-I-don't-have-everything-I-want-everyone-else-has-more-than-me attitude. And that's rather how I've been feeling lately.

I know in my head it's wrong. But my heart still needs to learn this lesson. I've just felt sort of "stuck" lately. I would like for some things in life to change, but I don't see how to make it happen. Or at least how to make it happen soon.

Anyway, enough of that. I purposed in this post that I was going to be thankful and count my blessings. So here goes listing as many as I can think of (for now).

I'm thankful:
1. I grew up with a mom who loved me.
2. I earned my 4-year degree. Something many in my family purposed to do, but didn't.
3. I've always had work when I needed it.
4. For just the right shade of pink nail polish.
5. For a very nice home to live in.
6. That I didn't have to wait "forever" to get married.
7. That I have a husband who likes to keep peace in the home.
8. That I have learned to apologize (even if I'm bad at it).
9. For health insurance.
10. For dogs who rarely have accidents in the house and "go" outside
11. For a car that's still running pretty well at 11 years old.
12. For freedom from debt.
13. That someone invented skinny jeans so that I can tuck my jeans into my boots easily.
14. That I live near the ocean.
15. That I get some time away camping in three weeks.
16. For a pastor who is approachable and available.
17. For stylish flat shoes. What if you had to wear Granny shoes just to get flats?
18. For eyeliner. It sure helps put your look over the top.
19. For doggie diapers. No more cleaning up piddle and yelling at dogs.
20. And of course, for all the major things- my Jesus, my husband, my family, my health. The really important stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I have joined Ann VosKamp's One Thousand Gifts challenge. It really changes my perspective and gratefulness meter to focus on what is a blessing, instead of tedium and struggle! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!