Sunday, October 2, 2011

Homemade Meatballs (Recipe)

So I adapted this recipe from E-Mealz. It was my first time to make my own meatballs and to me, it was Ahhhhmazing! But, it's the most amazing when you combine it with this sauce:
Bertolli pasta sauce, Italian Sausage flavor
And now, for the star player, the meatballs:


Ingredients:

1lb ground beef (leanness of your choice, we get 90/10 or 93/7 usually)
2/3 c plain bread crumbs
4 Tonion, minced (adjust amount for desired flavor)
4 T green bell pepper, minced
1/4 c finely grated parmesan cheese (the kind in a can, not the shredded)
1/3 c fat free milk
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1-2 t garlic powder
1 t Italian seasoning

Mix all ingredients together by hand. Roll into a ball of desired size in the palm of your hand. Place into a casserole dish, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees. They will be a grey-ish color when they come out but will brown up as they cool.

Alternatively- you could cook them on the stove top. As the original recipe called for baking them an hour and I was short on time and hungry, I browned mine on the stove top in an iron skillet, turning once, then I placed the skillet in the oven for 10-15 minutes just to make sure they were cooked through.

Combine with a sauce of your choice and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!