Thursday, January 5, 2012

Why I avoid the mall

Because I spend money there! Now mind you, still only on deals, but more than I would have spent at WalMart or yard sales. Lol.
I am glad I purchased my coat though.
You see, I ran in to use some long-lost gift cards I'd reclaimed not too long ago. The store they are for was having a big sale. So after "free" shopping there, I noticed that between me and the exit stood Old Navy. Old Navy, faithful Old Navy. The same store I've shopped at since my mid-teens. I remember when it opened. Decent clothes at decent prices (on sale). With an "up to 75% off" sign in their window. And very un-crowded.

So I said "What the heck?! I don't even remember the last time I actually came in the mall" and popped in.

In the second section I found her. A double-breasted wool coat. In a fabulous color I've dubbed "Poppy". And the little sign that made up her head said "60% off". "What's the harm in looking?" I thought. She was the only one left. She was my size. Into my arms she came.
I was a little unsure of her at first. She was so bold. Would she be too loud?

After a brief scan of the rest of the store, and snagging a pair of flats, off to the dressing room I went.

I just slipped her on right there, in front of the mirror. Her structure complimented mine well. And then we fell in love. And I decided to give up some "discretionary" funds for her. When I took her and her love child (beaded flats) to the register, I only had to pay $45 for both (coat was 35-ish). And then our bond was sealed.

I can't wait for it to get cold again.


The grey in the center is actually strings and strings of silver beads

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it...great color on you! (Come to Michigan...you could wear it every day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat! I need a new one. I'll have to go online and see what they have.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!