Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Update 04-09-11

Busy Monday at the office as usual, but I'm grabbing a few moments for a quick blog.

We had a nice weekend! Friday afternoon I met mom at the beach. It was crazy foggy and misty, yet the sun was shining and it was pretty warm- almost hot. This is such a weird weather phenomenon. I didn't really get much sun because of the fog, but I did relax. Friday evening the hubby and I used our Groupon to a favorite cafe of ours, Jordan Valley (Greek food). Then we came home and watched Transformers. We rented for free from the library thanks to the hubby!

Saturday we yard-sailed. Not too much selection this week. I got a gold chain-mesh clutch. And a Eureka steam mop that I had to order a pad for, but it was only $1 (the mop). And that was it :) I went grocery shopping. Cleaned a little. Watched Transformers 2. Then Saturday evening friends of ours had a dinner and games party. Italian potluck- yummy spaghetti, lovely Mediterranean salad, garlic cheese bread, Italian creme cake and ice cream. Good conversation, playing Apples to Apples, Uno and XBox Kinect. Love the Dance Revolution game! Too funny to play and watch :)

Sunday was relaxed too. We had church, then a huge Sunday lunch at my grandma's: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, asparagus casserole, carrot souffle and homemade biscuits. We spent the afternoon lounging on her couch, watching Turner Classic Movies station and reading our books. We stopped by a Blockbuster store closing and picked up six movies. We watched one (Music and Lyrics) and I decided even with the ClearPlay, I never want to see it again. I am surprised how poor my memory is about how a movie I've seen several years ago really was. 
We finished off the night getting ready for the next week- sweet hubby helped me with cleaning chores and I made lunches for myself. 

I did rearrange the walls some- I think the mirror over the fireplace looks a bit bare! It was so busy that now it looks too simple. Hmmm. I'll let it stew for a bit.

Fireplace before

Fireplace after

Shelves over couch before- right

and left
Over couch after- ignore hubby's head in bottom left :)
The kiddos and I christened the new recliner too :)

Love them soo much!
Happy Monday ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!