Thursday, March 31, 2011

For the love of my husband

My fingers have been flying over the keys more than usual. If only it were for my blog!
Work has been very busy this week and that's what's been keeping me away. But for the love of John, I am taking a few precious minutes to write a post.

Things they are a-changin' round here. 
At work, multiple new policies are being meted-out. None of us here will really be happier when they are put into effect. More paperwork, and more paperwork and yet MORE paperwork. More I's to dot and T's to cross. Here donkey- carry this sack too. And all we can say is "hee-haw". Oh, and no raises for you, and start paying more for your benefits. "Hee-haw".

I am seriously going to research how I can put my BSN to use by working from home. If a legitimate opportunity that pays well and doesn't rely on sales-pitching materializes, I just may take it.

On John's work front, his last day at his current employer will be April 30th. He has just lost the passion and enjoyment at his job. Some things have happened lately that made it apparent he is supposed to move on. He will be making a go of getting our eBay side business off the ground and hopefully turn it into full-time employment. Right now we could really live off jut my salary, so we have a little wiggle-room to take an income hit for a little while. It will slow down the debt snowball, but we are getting very close to the end of that, thank goodness! Still hoping to be done by the end of the year.

John's work change is also bringing about a spiritual change of sorts. We will also be leaving our current church and trying another here in town. I am a little anxious- I have been going to our church for 14 years. It has been my spiritual as well as social gathering place. I am accustomed to a certain style. The new church we will be trying is radically different. Very small. Sings hymns. BUT- I do know the Pastor and really enjoy the bible studies we have attended that he led. I am excited about sitting under his teaching. I am only nervous about our ability to feel at home and make new friends. It's kinda like being the new kid at school in a way. 

When I lived in Tallahassee and California for small stretches, I always found it a little more difficult to make friends than when I was younger. Hard to find a church that felt like home. Hard to setup a social network. It's easier when you are still in school- because you spend a great deal of time together and kinda have friends by default. As an adult, we are all busy with jobs, kids, homes and maybe continuing education. When you have friends whom you have kept from childhood into adulthood, they understand when you are busy. You have that foundation to rely on. When you make friends as an adult if you don't make an effort to spend time together regularly, the friendship kinda dies. 

I will still have my ladies' group. I will likely still have the friends I have now at our current church (which the hubby points out really and truly is not that many), but I guess it's the discomfort of having to make new friends that worries me. It's not always easy to find a kindred spirit. It is infinitely more difficult to find "married" kindred spirits. Then you are trying to get 4 people to mesh. 
But alas, we will be taking that journey. Who knows, maybe the grass will be greener on the other side?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!