Thursday, October 17, 2013

31 Days of John Moments: Day 17


 Linkup at The Nester blog
You know last night I realized that my laptop cord was laying on the floor next to me! Grrr.

The moment John made it crystal clear he was ready to have children.

It was Thanksgiving 2011. We were at our friend's house having lunch. They have a tradition of going around the table and saying something they're thankful for that year, and something they hope will happen in the next year.

When it came to John's turn, he said "And I hope we have a kid by next year". WHAT THE HECK! He totally just blurted that in front of everyone. I was certainly surprised. Until that point he hadn't seem overly excited about having kids. He would tell you he doesn't like kids, but he thinks he'll like his own. (Still true, he likes very few kids but Sophia). I had planned on waiting another 6 months before we started trying. Apparently he now had other desires. Very public desires.

So I gave it some thought, and decided to finish my (then) current month of birth control, and then stop. I mean it could take 6 months to get pregnant anyway, right? You just don't know. So almost 2 weeks into December I quit birth control, and on Christmas I told John I'd quit, Merry Christmas! 2.5 months after that we found out Sophia was on the way!

That moment is next...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!