Wednesday, October 9, 2013

31 Days of John Moments: Day 9



Linkup at The Nester blog 

Today I'm going to talk about a "big" moment.

The moment John said "I Love You".

It was about a week before John told me he loved me that I knew I loved him. But I certainly wasn't going to be the first to say it. I'm traditional that way.

In fact, I remember being so swoony that I literally fell on the floor and lamented to my roommates "I think I love John, but I can't tell him!". It was pretty funny and dramatic.''

Anyway, it was my birthday (and we'd only been officially dating about a month). It was a Thursday I think, because we had church that night, for our young adults group meeting. We had a birthday date and a birthday party planned for the weekend. So I went from work straight to church, and then after church we went out to eat at Denny's (as our group often did).

So by the time we ate and visited, it was rather late when I came home. But when I came in, my room was decorated with some balloons, streamers, a stuffed animal, a card and a cake! I was asking my roommate Cat how this had happened! She told me John had brought the stuff to her and she'd put it out. I was like "Awww, that's so sweet! I wish he was here so I could thank him!" And literally as I was turning around he was walking up the hallway into my room. It was movie like!

I can't remember what all he said, except it ended with "I love you" and of course "I love you too". It was so sweet! The stuffed animal was a leopard, the closest thing John could find to a "cougar" which he did and still does refer to me as because I am 15 months older than him. And my cake was peanut butter and chocolate and decorated with paw prints. It was really thoughtful.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my word that's sweet!! Loving following you along on this 31 days!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!