Saturday, October 19, 2013

31 Days of John Moments: Day 19


Linkup at The Nester blog
The moment John (and mine) lives changed forever.

I'd taken a test late at night, before my period was due. It was negative. Ish. A very faint line appeared after sitting for longer than 10 minutes. So I took another one the next morning.

 I decided to shower and get dolled up before waking the unsuspecting dad-to-be. Then I got the t-shirt I'd made months ago (with a free offer from Vistaprint, TUVM) that was from the "baby" saying he/she loved dad and would see him soon. John was a bit taken back since I'd just awakened him. I told him I had a late anniversary present for him. And then let him open the bag. He read the shirt and then dropped it and said "Are you pregnant?". I said yes and then got an "awwww, baby" and a big hug. And then we laid there awhile, soaking it in. John wondering if the baby would "mow grass or wash dishes." Lol.

It wasn't a huge reaction- because it was like 6-6:30 am. And also because I think he was as shocked as I was. Even though you've been trying for it, it's still shocking when it actually happens. But John has been a great father since Day 1. It's in part because John put in some "tough love" to get Sophia on a schedule while I was at work that she goes to bed/nap pretty easily.

He doesn't do everything just like I do, but it's ok. He and Sophia relate differently than Sophia and I ever will. And it's supposed to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!