Friday, October 18, 2013

31 Days of John Moments: Day 18


Linkup at The Nester blog
Doing the mobile app again...
The other night John shared some of his deeper thoughts/feelings with me. It is literally like pulling teeth when it comes to talking about serious feelings with John. I really have to strive to get much beyond yes and no. I hear this is common with men.
Anyway, I told him I don't even feel like I really know him, or like anyone really does, because he won't open up. He said he didn't know how to fix that. Apparently I only think there's all this hidden angst, debate, fear or displeasure.
He did tell me the options he's been considering as far as his next career move. It really helped me to hear he's been thinking through things.
Sometimes it's still really hard for me to understand that guys aren't thinking and analyzing almost all the time like girls are. But it sure doors help me feel like we're in a truly connected covenant relationship when John shares deep thoughts with me, especially voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!