Sunday, October 27, 2013

31 Days of John Moments: Day 27


Linkup at The Nester blog
Today John wowed me again.

This afternoon, Sophia took a 3. hour. nap. Praise Him. I napped for about 2 of those 3 hours. But John only napped about 30 minutes. And then he couldn't sleep.

So he went outside, and worked in the yard. You see, we have this corner in our yard that had a bunch of scrap wood, metal, vinyl siding and all kinds of weird stuff. The former owner had a small metal shed there. Once we got rid of the shed, that scrap was behind it.

It was really an eyesore to me, and I couldn't help but think that someday it would also be a safety issue for Sophia. I'd like the backyard to be a fun and safe place for her. And the scrap pile had thorns and weeds and stuff growing all up in it. And I'm sure some jagged edges and rusty nails just waiting for her perfect tender flesh. John reasoned that by the time she's old enough to be outside alone, she'd be old enough to know to stay away from such things. I was doubtful.

And there's still the issue that it felt very much like a "Sanford and Sons" corner to me. And I just hate things being unkempt and shaggy.

So when I woke up from my nap, it was all gone. Broken down, chopped up and in our trash cans. And the weeds left behind were mowed down.

And I felt a John moment of happiness and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to show some love and ask questions!